Replacing your gas boiler
According to figures from the Energy Saving Trust, Air Source Heat Pumps offer the following financial incentives over LPG-powered heating:
- Save upto £1,500 on fuel costs each year
- Earn upto £1,500 with the Renewable Heat Incentive each year
Air Source Heat Pump Benefits
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- potential income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive
- lower home carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- no fuel deliveries needed
- can heat your home as well as your water
- minimal maintenance required
- can be easier to install than a ground source heat pump.
Unlike gas and oil boilers, heat pumps deliver heat at lower temperatures over much longer periods. During the winter they may need to be on constantly to heat your home efficiently. You will also notice that radiators won't feel as hot to the touch as they might do when you are using a gas or oil boiler.