Self builds & Renovations
Fund the ground source heat pump installation costs in your self build project with regular RHI payments from the Government and see what you can save.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) was introduced by the Government to encourage homeowners, self builders and property renovators to install renewable heating systems, helping to reduce the UK’s carbon emissions.
The RHI will make guaranteed quarterly payments to you every year for 7 years, helping to offset the cost of installing a renewable heating system.
Key RHI Facts for Self Builds, Renovations and Replacement systems
- Government backed scheme, administered by Ofgem. Visit -- Ofgem’s website for details: www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/domestic-renewable-heat-incentive
- 19.33p/kWh tariff for GSHP.
- All self-build and domestic renovation projects are eligible.
- Payable on ‘renewable heat’ produced by the GSHP – GSHP’s produce 3 – 4kWh of renewable heat for every 1kWh of electricity consumed.
- Lower flow temperature heating systems, i.e. underfloor heating, optimise heat pump performance & RHI payments.
- Index linked tariff increases every year with inflation.
- Installations must be compliant with the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) to be eligible.